Saturday, March 19, 2011

A week of failure...

SOOoooo I didn't really cook at all this week... I even had a chicken and didn't use it. But I did cook things but they were already frozen.... (beef broccoli one night and orange chicken from Trader Joe's, which I have to say I've always been really REALLY intimidated by Trader Joe's but we're growing on each other- the jalapeño pub cheese bonded us....) Which I guess since I went to Trader Joe's it was still a triumphant week ;)
So this week I'm starting early.... and I'm going to post me meals to make me accountable. If any one has side suggestions that would be great because I really don't know.....

MONDAY - delizioso THAT'S RIGHT I'M GOING ITALIAN!
COMPLIMENTS OF ALICIA
Spaghetti with lemon and olive oil

THURSDAY - yummy! THAT'S RIGHT GOOD OLD FASHIONED AMERICAN FOLKS!
COMPLIMENTS OF MY MAMA
Homemade Chicken Noodle soup (from the Gleed family soup base :)mmmmm)

FRIDAY - délicieux! THAT'S RIGHT I'M GOING FRENCH (SORTA)
COMPLIMENTS OF ANGIE'S BLOG AND DARA
Roasted Veggies and Bananacakes!

So that is going to be my week :) I'm actually really excited! Um, and since this is my blog I have to tell a story about something that happened to me today....

My friend Jen Mooth stayed the night after our volleyball game and we woke up and made waffles (AH WAIT I TOTALLY COOKED THEN!). We then decided to go out on a hike adventure behind where I live. We ended up finding the cooolest trail ever! By the end we were both soaked! Because she slid down the hill and muddied her bum and I had tried to cross the river creekish thing on a couple of mossy trees and ended up knocking my shins on those mossy trees on my way down straight into the river (really not deep but enough to soak my feet and legs and hands. All in all a very productive day. But not as productive as my big sis Leesha's day....because she had a BABY!!!!!!!!! woohoo I love nephews (I'm sure I'll love nieces I just don't have any....yet) CONGRATULATIONS GALBRAITHS!!!

3 comments:

  1. uhh... i gave you the recipe for banana pancakes; not bananacakes, just fyi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how that week went! Or is it this week? My mind is a blur. =) Anyway, Sione is going to be so impressed by your mad skills now! =)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hi. This is Julie from church. (Ignore the scandalous name.) I love friends with blogs!

    ReplyDelete